2015 Wedding Terms and Conditions
Payment of the required Deposit indicates your acceptance
of these Terms and Conditions. Your check is your receipt.
Our rental fee includes the farmstead's two barns, two fully-furnished suites (as the wedding party preparation areas), and entire 4-acre Events Area (including parking for over 100 cars, 2-acre "Lake Fran", its bridge and trail) are yours to use for wedding/agritourism purposes.
NOTE: All farm wedding rentals end each day no later than 11 pm; no overnight stays are permitted. For the benefit of our country neighbors, all music and amplified sounds must stop by 10:00pm.
There's no rush. The events site is yours for an ideal country wedding from
- 9:00am to 11:00pm on the day before the ceremony (usually a Friday) for decoration, set-up, rehearsal and rehearsal dinner;
- 9:00am to 11:00pm on the day of the wedding (usually a Saturday); and,
- 10:00am to 5:00pm on the following day (Sunday) for breakdown and clean-up.
The fee also includes:
- use of the farm for professional photography sessions to create engagement and pre-wedding portraits (by prior appointment only)
- tractor, driver, and haywagon (seats 12 per trip) during the reception
- authentic, completely restored 1920 Model T depot hack
- completely-restored, award-winning 1926 Model T Truck (and driver) as the bride's "carriage"
- campfire and 12 metal toasting skewers for marshmallows or hot dogs
- our collection of event accessories. Please Contact Us for a detailed inventory, but this collection includes:
- tables, chairs, and ceremony seating facilities - for up to 150 guests
- several sizes of farmhouse wood tables for gifts and memorabilia displays
- three (3) 10'x10' commercial-grade white pop-up tents
- five (5) metal trash cans, two (2) plastic trash cans and portable cold-water stainless steel sink for caterer
- several propane and electric space heaters for chilly evenings
- 6 “butt buckets” for cigarette and cigar disposal
- several sizes of step ladders for decorating
All we ask is that you (1) set up these items wherever you want them - and then (2) return them to where they were stored - cleaned and ready for our next guests.
We require a $1,000 Deposit at the time of booking and the balance in $1,000 installments payable 9 months, 6 months and 2 months prior to the event booked date Sorry, we don't accept credit/debit cards but will welcome check or cash. If you cancel less than 3 months in advance, all monies paid will be forfeited however we will refund ALL your payments if you cancel more than three months prior to the scheduled rental date and we re-book the property for the same dates and amount.
PETS ON PREMISES
While we understand that sometimes couples want to include their pets in photo sessions or their ceremony, guest dogs have chased and attacked our farm animals - and even our beehives! So if anyone in your party arrives with pets, they must be continuously controlled on a leash otherwise we will insist the animal be confined in the owner's car.
If you intend to transport, possess, and/or serve "fortified wine and/or spirituous liquor" to your guests, you must first make application for and receive a Limited Special Occasion Permit from the N.C. Alcohol Beverage Control Commission. According to a Commission ruling issued to us on May 5, 2014, "You will not need to obtain a permit to serve beer and unfortified wine to your guests."
You will be personally responsible for any loss or damage to our property that occurs as a result of your agritourism visits here.
Finally, please remember that Willow Pond Farmstead is (1) our family home AND (2) a working farm with a range of other non-wedding activities occurring daily. We have no “open-to-the-public” operating hours, yet we recognize that your pre-wedding visitations to the site are very important to you. We want to be prepared for them. Accordingly, you are welcome to visit the site a reasonable number of times for wedding planning and pre-wedding photography sessions, BUT ONLY BY PRIOR APPOINTMENT made with us at least 24 hours in advance for a mutually agreeable time that will not exceed two hours.